Thursday, February 23, 2012

Must...have...sleep

Cozy brand new Mercedes tour van sitting in a sea of cars in northern Israel. So cozy, in fact, that it has wifi so that I can post my blog for today.

It's been a rough day, but amazing in what we saw. We got in at 5:30am local time running on the last boost of energy from our 3hr sleep that most of us had been running on for the past 96 hours. Oh, and remember we did a 5 hour tour of L town yesterday too.

British Air continues to have smashing service as my guitar showed up unscathed. All luggage in fact was right on time and all there.

The reality of actually being in the Holy Land has not set in yet. Even as I type this my eyes glaze over wishing traffic wasn't so start and stop so I could sleep. Caesarea, Megiddo, Mt. Carmel and Haifa seem like a dream.

This morning we had breakfast with what resembled a farming commune. Amazing food, just items you'd expect to see at dinner. Humus, veggies, cheeses...all very Mediterranean.

I lead a song of worship on one of the most awesome stages ever as I lead at the amphitheater at Caesarea. Built in 22BC, it made the London theaters (like the one that we saw yesterday) seem second rate. All the touring groups stopped to listen as I lead "open the eyes of my heart". It was a neat opportunity.

Then we went to Megiddo or Armageddon where the final battle will take place. Amazing city built on the top of a hill. Then it was off to Mt Carmel the place where Elijah called down fire to shut the faces of the prophets of Baal. That was an awesome setting for worship.

Finally we met a group of Ugandan ministers who have a church in Israel. Really great people who have hearts like gold. We were able to leave them with a CWC album.

Now it's off to our hotel on the Sea of Galilee. Sleep is within our grasp!

Shalom everyone!

Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment