Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Me Likey London

Brick buildings with steep roofs, kids with poofy hats and big guns, intricate sculptures that seem lifelike, delightful people with fancy accents. I felt like I was walking around in a mix between a Charles Dickinson novel and The Born Identity movie. Every corner seemed to just drip with history. Every building is beautiful with its own charming character.

Didn't sleep much last night on the plane, but it wasn't British Airways fault they are amazing! I want to fly with these wonderful people everywhere I go. Best crew, best pilots, best food (for coach) and nicest plane. Seriously, if you gotta go somewhere over here, trust me, fly BA.

The team is fatigued, draped over luggage, sleeping on benches here in Heathrow, till we find out which gate we are at.

Found a place in a quiet area to get some internet, rest and food in the monstrosity that is Terminal 5. I even managed to call my wife and pay only 1 cent/min.! Can't wait to move on, but it's good to have the down time.

Tomorrow we hit the ground running in Tel Aviv with a trip to Caesarea to see the Roman amphitheater and aqueduct. We'll also visit Mount Carmel where I'll attempt to call down fire (not) and we'll end the day with a drive to Haifa.

Looking forward to Israel, but this layover in London was a great treat along the way.

Bloody delightful it was!


No comments:

Post a Comment